What are we doing?
There are 4 main intervention areas prepared for the general objective and purpose of our project and 16 sub interventions under them.
Intervention Area I, Institutional Capacity Building: Institutional capacity will be developed in special education and guidance services throughout the country for inclusive education.
- In this context, the following activities will be carried out;
- Development/updating of 10 in-service training programs to support the professional competencies of guidance, special education teachers and teachers in mainstream schools for inclusion / mainstreaming practices,
- Training of 5000 teachers with programs developed / updated in 12 pilot provinces,
- Providing STEM trainings to 700 BİLSEM teachers in 12 pilot provinces,
- Providing sign language training for 20 staff of the General Directorate of Special Education and Guidance Services,
- Developing an evaluation tool that will support academic and behavioral areas for students’ achievements through pilot studies of the “Response to Intervention (RtI)” model.
Intervention Area II, Awareness Raising: Awareness of various target groups will be increased through campaigns and activities on special education and inclusion/mainstreaming practices. It is aimed to reach 3700 people with the campaigns and events to be organized.
• Opening Event,
• Raising awareness for families and NGOs,
• Awareness raising for managers in mainstream schools and managers of Guidance and Research Centres (GRCs),
• “Special Education Summit” and closing events will be carried out.
Intervention Area III, Scientific and Technical Studies: An impact analysis will be conducted in GRCs to improve the institutional capacity of special education and guidance services, in order to increase the effectiveness of the diagnosis and placement system.
Intervention Area IV, Coordination and Cooperation: Coordination and cooperation will be provided with relevant NGO representatives in special education and inclusion/mainstreaming practices.